Rob Hanna has been a full-time market professional since 2001. He has served as president of Hanna Capital Management, LLC since that time. He first began publishing his market views and research in 2003. From 2003 to 2007 his column “Rob Hanna’s Putting It All Together” could be found twice a week on TradingMarkets.com. In January of 2008 Rob began Quantifiable Edges. In 2012 Rob opened his 2nd website, Overnight Edges. Both sites use historical analysis to asses current market action and odds. Rob utilizes price action, volume, breadth, sentiment, seasonality, liquidity flows and more to conduct his research. Some of the indicators he uses are well known and publicly available. Others were created in-house. His work has been widely referenced and quoted over the years, and is often linked to in blogs, tweets, Stocktwits messages, magazine articles and more. Below are some other places you may have seen some of Rob’s work.
In 2010 Rob published “The Quantifiable Edges Guide to Fed Days”, which is available for purchase directly from Quantifiable Edges, or on Amazon.
His work has been mentioned and featured in a number of other books, including:
- “The Daily Trading Coach” by Brett Steenbarger
- “Trading FAQs” by John Foreman available from Trade2Win
- “Time the Markets: Using Technical Analysis to Interpret Economic Data” by Charles Kirkpatrick
- “The Trading Elite” by JT Starks
Rob’s work has also been referenced in many other trading publications over the years. Three of the more in depth interviews done with Rob include:
Rob has also served as a speaker at many events over the years. Recent speaking engagements include:
- 2013 AAPTA (American Association of Professional Technical Analysts) Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA
- 2013 MTA (Market Technicians Association) Annual Symposium in New York, NY
- 2012 MTA (Market Technicians Association) Atlanta chapter meeting
- Several Boston Investors Group meetings over the years.
- Numerous Traders Expos including those in New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles
And if you would like to see some webinars Rob has given, you may check out the links below:
- “Using Amibroker to Explore Ideas and Uncover Quantifiable Edges” – A 9/1/20 presentation given to the Amibroker Canada User Group. This link will require registration with the Amibroker Canada User Group. If you use Amibroker, I highly recommend joining, regardless of whether you want to view my presentation. It is free, and they have many good speakers.
- My Market Huddle Interview, which can be found below: