The Quantifiable Edges Big Time Swing System
In 2009 Quantifiable Edges released the first trading system good enough to carry the Quantifiable Edges
name: The Quantifiable
Edges Big Time Swing System! It only trades when there is a big time Quantifiable Edge. Over the last 20 years
the system has averaged 11.2 trades per year, high annual returns, a very high profit factor, a low amount of
time exposed to the market and consistent results! It’s also fully disclosed and easy to implement. And I’m
available to help you!
Here’s how $100,000 would’ve grown using SPY over 20 years from 1993 – 2013.
Below are some of the many features and benefits:
easy to implement and trade
- All entries are at the close.
- All exits are either at the close or the open.
- Averages about 1 trade per month – not labor intensive.
- Average trade lasts 7 trading days.
- Uses a few simple indicators.
System Makes Efficient Use Of Capital
- Over the last 20 years, only 28% of the time has the system had a position active.
- The low market exposure serves to reduce event risk.
- Of course the remaining 72% of the time your capital could be used to trade other strategies.
both trend and counter-trend setups
- Trades both long and short in uptrending and downtrending markets.
- This has led to greater consistency of both returns and opportunities.
- While trades in the direction of the trend are more common, the counter-trend trades have often provided
better opportunities historically.
The consistency of the Quantifiable Edges Big Time Swing System can be seen in the following chart. It shows
returns based on a constant $100k/trade rather than reinvesting profits. Dividends, commissions, and interest on
cash are not included in the below chart.
Performance has been strong and steady since the inception of the SPY
- Including commissions, dividends, and interest on cash (equal to the overnight Fed Funds rate at the time)
the system has averaged over 16.5%/year over 20 years.
- No losing years.
- Relatively low drawdowns.
- Profit factor of 4.0!
- More SPY performance details included in the table below.
Note that a "0.5" trade means it spanned both
The QE Big Time Swing System is robust
- Using the same parameters the system was tested on the list of 30 ETF’s (with history of 30 or more trades)
from ETF Rewind’s list of “Major Index”, “Capitalization & Style”, and “Major Sector” ETF’s.
- Every one of the 30 ETF’s tested showed net profits over their lifetime.
Below are some statistics on each ETF from its inception through Dec 29, 2013.
most commercially available systems, the Quantifiable
Edges Big Time Swing System is
completely revealed to purchasers.
- No “black box”
- Comes with a 43-page manual explaining everything about the system including:
- The big picture concepts that make it work
- Complete calculations for indicators used.
- Detailed results tables, profit curves, and discussion of results.
- A section on ways to improve performance or customize the system to better suit you.
- A detailed section on risk management that uses quantitative analysis to examine the positives and
negatives of different risk management techniques.
- Click here to view complete table of contents.
- In addition to the manual, purchasers will be provided with a detailed spreadsheet showing every trade
and every assumption used in calculating the returns for SPY.
To make implementation even easier:
- Webinars for purchasers are available that discuss details about the system.
- There is a purchasers-only web page tracking all SPY trades.
- Charts with the indicators used are published on the web page and updated nightly.
- Purchasers may elect to subscribe to a private blog that alerts them if SPY triggers an entry or exit.
This service is free for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Tradestation code will be available for an additional fee. (And it is all open-sourced and customizable.)
Non-Tradestation users may purchase Excel code for an additional fee.
Get a Quantifiable Edge for 2014 and beyond. The Big Time
Swing System is now available for $1,750.
The open-sourced Tradestation code is an additional $50. The
Excel Spreadsheet with calculations and code is also $50. Both may be purchased together
for $75. (Code is only available to buyers of the system.) Traders
may use the code to customize the system or expand on the ideas. A section of the manual discusses some ideas for further customization/enhancement.